ONE OF THE MOST UNIQUE LABORATORY OF ITS KIND IN
Equipments that employ state-of-the-art technology allows us to study abnormalities in the walking cycle, abnormalities in the feet, changes in the distribution of plantar pressure, and asymmetry in the body structure. Here we can perform anthropometry studies, ergonomics and fatigue analysis on specific groups of muscle.
Highly specialized equipments:
Full-body 3D Scan
Optical laser scanning system applicable to the design of:
- Spaces (homes, offices, hospitals, factories, cars, furniture, etc.).
- Medical products (prosthetics, specialized clothing).
- Tools (medical, work).
Foot scan, INFOOT 3D
Mainly used for the design of:
- Lasts for customized footwear.
- Shoes for feet with pathologies.
- Orthosis design.
Equipment for 3D motion capture
Mainly used in the film industry for the kinetic animation of science fiction characters, for developing videogames and in sports to improve lraining techniques. At CIATEC it is also used for walking analysis, rehabilitation, posture, and for medical purposes evaluation of locomotion means.
Providing measurements to set the pattern for:
- Design and manufacture of orthopedic insoles that can regulate the biomechanics of the foot as naturally as possible.
- Proposal of rehabilitation techniques, through the analysis of the walking and plantar strength.
- Propose posture correction exercises.
- Design orthopedic elements.
3D force platforms
For measuring reaction forces that exist between the ground surface and the feet during walking, used in:
- The evaluation of high performance athletes, to improve their performance.
- To define actions to prevent injuries in athletes.
Surface Electromyography (EMGs)
For measuring the level of activation of the superficial muscles of the human body, through the use of electrodes, and allows for the detection of neurological problems or the development of fatigue analysis in high performance athletes.
Computerized numerical control (CNC) machine used in the manufacture of orthopedic components.
Computerized numerical control machine
Used in the manufacture of orthopedic components.
Dr. Israel Miguel Andrés
PhD in Biomechanics with speciality in: Numerical Analysis of Articulations of the human body using finite element method, Biomechanics of the walk gait, cinematics analysis and kinetics of articulations to detect irregularities in their structure and analysis of electric muscular activity to detect muscle fatigue problems. CVU 268662
Dr. Sergio Luis Orozco Villaseñor
Medical expert in biomechanics. Specializing in foot and ankle surgery and neuromuscular deformities of the feet, pelvis, and lower limbs. His a specialty is orthopedics and traumatology. He is an active member of the Mexican College of Orthopedics and the Mexican Society of Medicine and Foot and Ankle Surgery A.C. Holds a Certificate from the Mexican Council of Orthopedics.
José de Jesús Mayagoitia Vázquez
Phone. (477) 710 00 11, ext. 13603