The National Laboratory for Research in Cold Technologies - LaNITeF is the result of an inter-institutional project between the National Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT), the Center for Applied Research in Competitive Technologies (CIATEC), and the Center for Engineering and Industrial Development (CIDESI).
The LaNITeF has its origin, and justification, to the growing concern about the contribution of the refrigeration and air conditioning industries to the deterioration of the environment through the emission of potentially polluting gases due to the chemical nature of the classic refrigerants. In fact, the global demand for refrigeration and air conditioning is growing as the result of population growth, urbanization, and economic development of some countries.
Additionally, the exponential increase in energy consumption, because of the power cooling systems in emerging and developing countries, could be increase up to 7% annually, until 2050 (IEA, 2010). Besides of it the increase in the cost of primary energy sources, the unequal distribution or the scarcity of the primary energy reserves in the world, makes it necessary to introduce global regulations to reduce the generation of polluting gases.
- Scientific publication.
- Incorporation of internal and external students and researchers.
- Scientific services to internal and external researchers.
- Business and social links.
- Knowledge dissemination activities.
- Intellectual property management.
- Management and Knowledge Transfer of Intellectual Property.
- Acceleration of the creation of Technological Based Organizations (EBT).
- Creation of new working groups and new lines of research.
- Commercial refrigeration: carbonated beverage sector.
- Cooling spaces.
- Instrumentation and control.
- Compressed steam refrigeration systems.
- Advanced materials for unconventional refrigeration.
- Use of alternative technologies for refrigeration and air conditioning.
- Energy, environmental impact, and health studies.
- Conservation and assurance of the cold chain.
- Physical modeling and numerical analysis.
For more information visit www.lanitef.mx
Mtro. José Eduardo Frías Chimal
Phone. (477) 710 00 11, ext. 15003